Small Engine Mechanic (FT)
$500 Sign-On Bonus-paid after 90 days continued employment
Come join a great team.
Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance, basic diagnostics, and reports on small engine and turf equipment including commercial mowers, handheld, general automotive service repairs,
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, FSA, 401k, Aflac (Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness w/Cancer), Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, and Free Telemedicine access and Safety essentials are provided by the company. Sign-on bonus paid after 90 days of continuous employment.
- Performs basic diagnostics, repairs, and reports on small engine and turf equipment.
- Maintains the condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ensure all work and repair requests are processed in a timely fashion.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 1+ years of experience performing service repairs.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of small engines and turf equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs repeatedly.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the driver’s license requirements.
Job Site Conditions:
- The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment.
- The Small Engine Mechanic will work closely with Team Leaders, Team Members, Account Managers, and Vendors.
Tidewater Landscape Management is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.