Come join a great team.
The Fleet Mechanic provides fleet management, maintenance, and repair with responsibility for ensuring efficiency through processes that deliver quality results. This is a working position. The Fleet Mechanic must demonstrate skills in project and time management, teamwork, decision making, and the use of technology in addition to vehicle and equipment repairs.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, FSA, 401k, Aflac (Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness w/Cancer), Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, and Free Telemedicine access and Safety essentials are provided by the company.
- Ensures that trucks, trailers, string trimmers, edgers, backpack blowers, push blowers, and lawnmowers are maintained in excellent working order. Inspects the tires on all trucks, trailers, and equipment daily to ensure they are safe to operate.
- Plan and develop long-and-short range goals to ensure that there is an effective approach to overcoming shortages and/or better utilizing excess resources.
- Order shop supplies.
- Development of vehicle and equipment maintenance policies and procedures for internal, external, services.
- Keep up with OWM technical service bulletins, factory recall, and develop and maintain in-house warranty programs.
- Work with Team Leaders and Team Members to ensure that equipment meets their needs, as well as, maintaining and repair equipment within 24 hours of being notified that equipment needs repaired.
- Perform an operation test prior to repairs to verify the complaint.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer’s specifications including engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, electrical systems, and brakes
- Maintains a complete inventory system of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring vehicles and equipment are maintained and are safe to use.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for the Fleet Mechanic within the first year.
- Enforces safe work behavior and maintains a safe work site.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED.
- 5 years of experience as a fleet mechanic.
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, and procedures involved in maintenance repairs and replacement.
- Skilled in DOT inspections.
- Knowledge of engines, transmissions, brakes, and suspension systems.
- Skilled in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on trucks and equipment.
- Skilled in welding.
- Ability to operate various pieces of equipment such as skid steers and trenchers.
- Ability to coordinate programs, prepare reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment with accuracy and speed; ability to create effective working relationships with employees.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, job planning skills, and mechanical aptitude are a must.
- Knowledge of an automated Fleet Management Information System.
- Considerable knowledge of safety practices and techniques in mechanics; considerable knowledge of diesel and gas engine mechanics; considerable knowledge of vehicle make-up and shop parts and supplies required.
- Georgia driver's license.
- The physical demands outlined are examples of the type of demands the employee will encounter on the job site.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; crouch; stoop or kneel; reach with hands and arms; talk; hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are dictated by the driver’s license requirements.
Job Site Conditions:
- The job site conditions described below are examples of those conditions an employee encounters while performing the essential responsibilities of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather (heat or cold), and moving mechanical equipment.
- The Fleet Mechanic will work closely with Team Leaders, Team Members, Account Managers, and Vendors.
Tidewater Landscape Management is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.