Join our team.
Provides service to residential or commercial customers by making timely lawn/landscape applications, diagnosing and correcting lawn/landscaping problems through service calls and other customer communications, selling/up-selling services to new and/or existing customers, resulting in the growth of the customer base.
This is an hourly (non-exempt) position eligible for overtime with opportunities to make sales commission for expanding services and customers! We also have Benefits that include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short, and Long Term Disability, FSA, 401k, Aflac (Accident, Hospital, Critical Illness w/Cancer), Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay, and Free Telemedicine access. The company provides safety essentials.
- Applies fertilizers and pesticides to lawns, shrubs, and trees according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions.
- Drives company vehicles to customer locations.
- Responds on a timely basis to customer requests for telephone and in-person service calls.
- Completes required production forms and customer instructions.
- Measures the lawn of potential customers to provide them with an accurate cost of lawn care service.
- Clean and service company vehicles, spray equipment, and other tools.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED.
- Training in horticulture or post-secondary education is preferred.
- Experience preferred but not required—Will train eager learners.
- The company will pay for available licensing or renewing of current licensing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality. On-time attendance is required.
- Ability to meet minimum insurance requirements for company vehicles.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is ideal for a physically active associate, works indoors/outdoors, interacts with customers, and may be exposed to foreign substances (e.g., chemicals).
Regularly required to:
- Sit or stand.
- Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs for an extended period of time.
- Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach.
- Speak and hear.
- Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and focus.
- Lift to 50 lbs independently.
- Push and pull equipment.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Subject to outdoor weather conditions, which may include extreme cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions.
- Subject to exposure to animals and insects.
- The noise level is moderate to loud.
The Tidewater Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.